The DBC Worship Team is a group of dedicated volunteers who meet multiple hours throughout the week to prepare congregational music for the Sunday morning service. Our ministry is based out of Ephesians 5:18-19, "…But be filled by the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and making music in your hearts to the Lord." Worship through song is an essential part of the meeting of believers. We sing and play as evidence that we are filled with the Spirit, to express intimacy to our Creator, heavenly Father, Savior, and Redeemer, and to exhort and encourage one another.
At Denbigh, most of the songs we sing are in a contemporary Christian worship style. On a typical Sunday, our band consists of drums, acoustic guitar, bass guitar, keyboard, and 4-5 singers. Our biggest need is more guitar players, both electric and acoustic, and keyboardists. However, we are always ready to take on more musicians of any kind. If you are interested in serving the church via music ministry, please contact the church office.
Those who serve on our tech team are crucial to our Sunday morning worship in helping things to run smoothly and efficiently. They also help with music rehearsals throughout the week. If you are technologically savvy, consider serving your church by joining the hard-working folks upstairs. Here are some of the areas that need your help:
- Running the sound board at mid-week rehearsals and on Sunday morning
- Uploading and controlling slides for the Sunday morning worship music, sermon, and announcements
- Setting up, recording, and uploading the sermon video each week
- Evaluating audio and visual needs for the church
- Rick Jones (sound): (757) 876-9480, firstname.lastname@example.org